The health and safety of our customers, staff, and community is our highest priority. Fortunately, a gondola cruise is, and has always been an inherently isolated activity; we’ve been practicing social distancing since before social distancing was cool.
You will always be on a private gondola with only your guests. Of course, the gondolier is on board with you but he is several feet away from you for most of the cruise.
In addition, we have implemented or adjusted the following procedures to increase the safety and health of our customers and staff members.
- We have adjusted our cruise schedule to decrease the potential for guest to guest interaction.
- All employees are forbidden to come to work if they are sick.
- All employees are required to have their temperature taken when arriving to work, and any employee with a temperature will be sent home.
- Employees will wear masks when greeting guests and during loading and unloading of passengers. (After that, your gondolier will be more than 6’ away from any passengers)
- All customers exhibiting symptoms will be rescheduled.
- All Customers will be required to wear CDC recommended masks when checking in, during loading and unloading, and when checking out. (Gaiters, bandanas, and face shields are not recommended by the CDC). "All customers" includes people who have had Covid19 and people who have been vaccinated.
- Social distancing will be encouraged in our lobby and waiting area.
- Reservations made online are 100% contactless. (If you purchase a beverage or chocolates to bring along on your cruise, you will be able to swipe your own credit card)
- Gondolas will be sanitized before and after each cruise.
- Blankets will no longer be provided.
- All ice buckets are sanitized before and after cruises.
We will continue to follow CDC guidelines and San Diego County health protocols and make the appropriate adjustments that we can as we face a challenging new world.